Mushrooms - a product that pleases any cook. Many delicious dishes can be prepared from them. A great option in order to diversify your menu and surprise households - mushroom cutlets. They can be prepared from salted, dried, frozen, fresh mushrooms. Stuffing can be done only from mushrooms, but you can use their combination with buckwheat, potatoes and other ingredients.
Mushrooms have a unique composition, has excellent taste and a number of useful properties. But at the same time, discussions are still ongoing about its harm.
Due to the fact that mushrooms contain a huge number of microelements, they can be equated with fruits, and compare the amount of carbohydrates with vegetables. This product is also rich in proteins, the amount of which is close to meat.
There is practically no fat in them, and the proportion of water is 90%, due to which the product can be classified as low-calorie, but at the same time, saturation from its consumption in food occurs quite quickly.
Another positive property of fungi is the presence of 18 amino acids. By the way, there are a total of 20. As you know, they act as a building material for the body.
Mushrooms are rich in vitamins of groups B, A, E. It is practically the only product of non-animal origin that contains vitamin D, which is especially important in winter, when residents of the regions do not have the opportunity to soak up the sun.
Mushrooms are rich in trace elements important for the functioning of the body, such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, zinc, and copper.
The antioxidants found in mushrooms have an antitumor effect..
Despite all the benefits of a product so beloved by many, one should carefully pay attention to their harmful qualities.
A high chitin content slows down digestion, which complicates the digestion of mushrooms and the food that was eaten with them. Therefore, mushroom dishes are considered heavy food and are not advised to eat them often and in large quantities. But there is a way out - to exclude mushroom legs from your diet, because it is in them that the highest content of chitin is.
In addition, mushrooms, like a sponge, absorb poisons, harmful substances from the environment. Therefore, you should carefully approach the choice of places to harvest this crop.
There are also many poisonous species that are easily confused with edible ones. It is especially difficult for beginner mushroom pickers, because inedible specimens are skillfully disguised as normal.
A clumsily canned crop can become a real deadly poison if it contains a botulinum bacillus. Infection with botulism is life-threatening, but this can be avoided by observing the simplest rules.
Mushroom picking should only be in ecologically clean places, preferably with experienced mushroom pickers. If there is no complete certainty that the mushroom found is edible, then it is better not to take it. It is better to eat only mushroom caps in food, of course, in reasonable quantities.
The first cutlets appeared in the Middle Ages in France. At that time, this word was called meat on the bone. But a little later, the dish began to be prepared from minced meat.
Vegetarianism is now in fashion, so experiments with fillings for cutlets have begun. Mushrooms were no exception, and they also began to be used as the basis for minced meat.
Thanks they can replace the meat product with their nutritional properties. This dish is also popular during Orthodox fasting. But cooking should be approached especially thoughtfully, because the body spends much more energy on their digestion than on other products. Therefore, it is important to choose the right combination. For example, it is considered an ideal combination with potatoes, meat, rice, and legumes.
In order to emphasize the mushroom aroma, it is good to add onions, carrots, dairy products to the dish. The perfect combination of this product with chicken fillet affects not only the taste characteristics of the components, but also that the cooking time is the same.
If champignons that do not have a bright mushroom taste were chosen as the basis for the stuffing, you can add dried porcini mushroom powder to the dish. You can find it in the seasoning department.
The technology for preparing mushroom cutlets is simple, and even a novice hostess can cope with them. A well-cooked dish should have a crisp and juicy filling. Most often, mushrooms are used in recipes zraz - cutlets with filling.
Preparation of the main ingredient
Before cooking mushroom cutlets, it is necessary to prepare their main ingredient.
As a filling for mushroom zrazy, mushrooms or oyster mushrooms bought in the store, as well as aspen mushrooms, boletus mushrooms and other mushrooms collected independently in the forest, are equally suitable. The only difference is their preliminary processing.
Oyster mushrooms and champignons are enough to rinse, peel and fry. Harvested in the forest spoils faster, so it needs special treatment.
First you need to sort them out, remove the leaves, needles, dirt. Trim corrupted parts. After that, rinse well, soak in cold water for half an hour and cook in salted water for 25 minutes.
Those mushrooms that are not required for cooking at a particular moment can be frozen.
The best recipes
Everyone knows meat cutlets, as well as the technology of their preparation. This dish is loved by many, it is used everywhere, both at home and in the best expensive restaurants. It helps to restore protein deficiency in those who do not eat meat, so such a decision, how to cook meatballs with mushrooms, is a real way out of this situation.
Since it will not be possible to completely repeat the “meat” technology for preparing meatballs from mushrooms (that is, it is impractical to make minced meat from this product by scrolling it through a meat grinder), mushrooms are simply added to other food masses, most often to mashed potatoes.
This recipe for mushroom cutlets is the best way to surprise households and guests with a magical mushroom aroma, rich taste and satiety. To prepare, you will need:
- mashed potatoes - 600 g,
- pre-fried champignons - 250 g,
- boiled chicken eggs - 3 pieces,
- fried onions - 150 g,
- flour - ¼ cup,
- seasoning from dried mushrooms - 100 g,
- dill - 120 g
- cream 33% fat - 250 ml,
- milk - half a glass,
- raw chicken eggs - 3 pcs.,
- deep fat
- raw peeled potatoes - 250 g.
Pre-prepared foods - mushrooms, boiled eggs need to be combined with fried onions, pour cream into the resulting mixture and diversify the taste of the dish with spices at your discretion. The filling is ready.
Combine mashed potatoes, milk and egg mixture and a small amount of flour. Mash well.
Cut raw potatoes into thin slices and place them in a greased tin foil dish in the form of a beautiful flower. Lubricate the resulting basket with milk-egg mixture and bake it in the oven.
Then fill it with minced mushrooms and cover the filling with mashed potatoes. Grease with a mixture of eggs and milk, send to the oven until cooked.
For aromatic gravy, mix the boiled dried mushrooms, salt, spices, the remaining steamed onions, cream and beat the resulting sauce with a blender. It is necessary to let the gravy boil, chop the dill there and let it stand under the lid for 15 minutes.
This recipe is different in that mushrooms play an independent role here. However, here they will need preliminary preparation. For mushroom cutlets according to this recipe you will need:
- 600 g of boiled mushrooms,
- A glass of milk,
- 300 g dried bread
- 3 tbsp. l breadcrumbs
- 4 chicken eggs
- 1-2 bulbs,
The preparation of this dish has its own characteristics. For example, here the mushrooms scroll in a blender (it will be easier to take the product out from there than from a meat grinder), and the meatballs are formed with cold, wet hands so that the mass does not stick to the fingers (otherwise characteristic black marks will remain).
So, the cooking technology will be as follows:
- Put soaked dried bun in a bowl with milk.
- Cut the onion into pieces, which will be conveniently twisted in a meat grinder.
- Grind pre-prepared mushrooms in a meat grinder. There you can send a bun already soaked in milk, but first you need to squeeze it a little. Add salt, pepper. It is necessary to be careful with spices, because it is very important to preserve the mushroom flavor of the dish, without interrupting it with an excess of seasonings.
- Moisten your hands with cold water and form neat mushroom balls. You can slightly beat them between the palms.
- Gently roll in breadcrumbs and send to a heated pan.
It is better to fry the meatballs in a creamy vegetable mixture of oils. This will give both a special taste and an amazing aroma.
With rice and egg
Another recipe for a deliciously delicious dish: mushroom cutlets with rice. For him, you will need to prepare:
- 2 cups boiled rice
- 1 kg of boiled mushrooms,
- 4 chicken eggs
- 3 onions.
In order to better bind the stuffing, you will need round rice, since when cooking it becomes more viscous.
Finely chop mushrooms, onions and mix them thoroughly. For viscosity, use eggs and rice, mixing them with the resulting meat. Wet neat hedgehogs with wet hands.
Then cutlets well breaded in flour and fry in vegetable oil until an appetizing crust is formed.
The resulting dish, as well as the option with mashed potatoes, is self-sufficient. It does not require any additional products, it can be easily and quickly prepared for dinner for all family members.
The advantage of this recipe is that such cutlets can be served on the table during fasting, but then it will be necessary to exclude eggs from the recipe. This is not scary, because they are easily replaced with lean mayonnaise, in which for viscosity you can add flour and heat the mixture for 20-30 seconds in the microwave. If desired, you can add spices there - curry or hops-suneli.
Mushroom cakes, meatballs, zrazy - they can all be prepared in different ways, the number of recipes for them is countless. Moreover, any housewife, thanks to imagination, can make her own changes and ultimately make this yummy a unique specialty for her family.
Fish cutlets "Monastic"
Delicate, juicy, tasty cutlets. Perfectly keep their shape, there is no specific smell inherent in fish. Such cutlets are enjoyed with pleasure even by children. The recipe is simple, budget. Without false modesty, I will say that these are perhaps some of the most delicious fish cakes. Help yourself.
Fish cutlets "Favorite"
How old this recipe I can’t even imagine. Precisely that he is much older than me. Such cutlets were prepared by my grandmother exclusively on big holidays. Juicy, tender, unusually tasty fish cakes. Beloved ones. Because from childhood.
Japanese fish cutlets
Delicate, juicy, aromatic, prepared from the simplest fish like pollock. Very airy, even more like pancakes. The recipe from the book “Masterpieces of world culinary”.
Many novice housewives very often do not dare to prepare fish cutlets. They are frightened by both cutting fish and the fact that they can fall apart when frying. Today we will go through this recipe from processing fish to the end result. And I hope after that you will succeed.
Very simple but tasty mushroom patties - step by step photo recipe
You can prepare champignons for tasty and economical meatballs for dinner. We’ll certainly add flour, eggs, some vegetables and semolina to their composition. We will also prepare your favorite spices that will complement the dish with their unique aromas. Ready cutlets will turn out tasty and healthy if they are additionally stewed in a pan after frying.
Peel the mushrooms, rinse thoroughly and chop finely. We heat the pan, pour a couple of tablespoons of oil and pour the mushrooms. Stew a little and leave to cool.
Peel the onion and finely cut it on the board. We also take two eggs and break into a bowl.
Combine the fried champignons, onions, semolina, flour, eggs and spices with salt. Knead the cutlet mass. If it is not very thick, add more flour.
From the "mushroom" mincemeat we form patties that are breaded in breadcrumbs and fried until golden brown on both sides. We finish cooking in the pan: put the patties on the bottom, fill with a small amount of water and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
Here are the mushroom cutlets. Such a dish will certainly transform an ordinary dinner or lunch.
Mushroom meatballs recipe
Beef cutlets are usually obtained a little dry, but the addition of a secret ingredient, fungi, will save them from this drawback.
- Skip the beef and raw potatoes through a meat grinder.
- Cut onions and mushrooms into large pieces and darken in a pan until the liquid evaporates.
- Chilled products also pass through a meat grinder.
- Combine the prepared components, add the chopped dill or parsley, salt, pepper and again pass through a meat grinder to make the minced meat more tender.
- To give it airiness, you need to remove the mass from the bowl several times and throw it back.
- From well-beaten minced meat, mold the cutlets, roll them in flour and fry in a greased frying pan on both sides until a brown crust forms.
Mushroom cutlets with potatoes
For the preparation of such cutlets you will need potatoes, mushrooms and onions. The proportions are as follows: mushrooms need to take half the mass of potatoes, and onions - half the mass of mushrooms. What to do next:
- Peel potatoes, boil in boiling salted water until tender.
- Then mash in mashed potatoes, adding a small amount of butter, cream or milk.
- Mushrooms and onions cut into small cubes and fry in vegetable oil for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix with mashed potatoes, add 1-2 eggs, mix.
- Blind cutlets, wetting hands in cold water, dip in batter and fry in boiling vegetable oil.
Chopped meatballs with mushrooms and chicken
Before, before the invention of the meat grinder, meat for cutlets was carefully chopped with a knife into small pieces. These pieces lost less juice, and therefore the dish turned out more juicy. Today the method has not changed:
- Chicken fillet, champignons and onions individually cut into very small cubes on a wooden board.
- Mix all the ingredients, beat in the egg, salt and pepper. It is very good to add chopped parsley, which will give the patties extra juiciness.
- Form small products from minced meat, roll them in breadcrumbs and fry in a greased frying pan on both sides until a brown crust forms.
The structure of chopped cutlets will turn out to be a little unusual, but the taste will be wonderful.
Cutlets with minced meat and mushrooms inside
Meat cutlets are loved by many, but if you cook them with a surprise in the form of mushroom filling, they will pleasantly surprise guests and households.
Minced meat can be taken any, but better than pork and beef - it is the most tender. Instead of eggs in mincemeat, you can use mayonnaise.
- Add raw potatoes and chopped garlic to the scrolled meat.
- Drive 1-2 eggs.
- Salt, pepper and let the mixture stand for a while, covering the bowl with foil. Cook the filling at this time.
- Remove the top peel from the mushrooms, cut into small cubes. Also chop onions.
- Fry all together in vegetable oil until the resulting liquid evaporates. It takes no more than 25 minutes.
- Minced meat divided into small balls. Make cakes of them, put a little fried mushrooms with onions in the middle of each, pinch the edges.
- Fry until golden brown on each side in vegetable oil. If desired, simmer for 5-10 minutes under the lid.
The recipe for delicious meatballs with mushrooms, minced meat and cheese
From the most delicate chicken mincemeat you can easily and quickly cook cutlets with mushroom filling. In addition to salt and ground pepper, nothing else needs to be added to such stuffing.
For the filling, cut the onion into thin half rings and brown in a pan with vegetable oil. Pour mushrooms, cut into small pieces, and simmer over medium heat until the juice evaporates. Cool the filling and pour hard cheese grated on a coarse grater into it. The volume ratio of mushrooms and cheese should be approximately 1: 1.
To prepare a breading 3 bowls:
- With wheat flour.
- With a shaken raw egg.
- With shavings of raw potatoes grated on a coarse grater.
Form a cake on the palm of your hands, in the middle of which put about a tablespoon of the filling. Pinch the edges and give the shape of a slightly flattened patty, which, in turn, roll in flour, dip in an egg and coat with potato chips.
Put in a frying pan with boiling vegetable oil and fry on both sides to a beautiful golden crust. Put ready cutlets on a baking sheet and hold for another 15 minutes in a hot oven at a temperature of 180-200 ° - juicy cutlets are ready.
How to cook cutlets with dried mushrooms
This dish is the best fit for a lean table, because it does not include not only meat, but even eggs. The adhesion of the ingredients is due to the addition of viscous rice porridge, and for this purpose it is best to take round-grain rice. The water in which the cereal will be boiled can be slightly salted.
- Soak dried mushrooms overnight in cold water.
- In the morning, pass them through a meat grinder or grind them using a submersible blender.
- Salt, mix with chopped garlic, ground pepper and chopped herbs.
- Then add chilled rice to the mushrooms in a 1: 1 ratio and mix the minced meat again.
- Then, with wet hands, form small cutlets.
- Roll them in breadcrumbs or in ordinary wheat flour and fry in hot oil in a pan.
For it you need to leave about 2 tbsp. l toasted mushrooms cutlets. Further:
- In a dry frying pan, brown a tablespoon of wheat flour.
- Lift the pan above the burner and put a small piece (about 20 g) of butter in it.
- When the butter has melted, put the frying pan on the fire again and pour in a few tricks of cream, stirring them well each time.
- At the end of cooking, add fried mushrooms to the sauce, salt, add a little black pepper, nutmeg and chopped parsley or dill.
- Keep on fire for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
As a side dish for mushroom cutlets, mashed potatoes, pasta, any cereals are ideal.