Add to the diet!
This nutritious fruit belongs to the citrus family and is a compromise between grapefruit, orange and mandarin. Coals - shrub tree up to 15-20 feet high, available from November to April and is a very good source of vitamins and minerals. Due to its nutrient base, it is a good choice for daily fruit consumption.
Health Benefits of Coal Fruit:
The main health benefits associated with coals sound better than its name. It contains nutrients such as fiber, vitamins and calcium, which are very important for the body. This amazing fruit is a refreshing choice that you can consume daily.
The following are some of the benefits of this wonderful fruit:
1. Coals have zero fat content, making it an ideal fruit to eat in any proportion. Since it does not have cholesterol, it automatically eliminates the risk of heart disease.
2. Coals also contain calcium (about two percent of the total calcium intake required daily). It helps the bones and teeth in the body to a great extent.
3. Proteins also effectively provide this fetus, which is the building block for muscle formation. Proteins are necessary for both a growing and an adult organism with their ability to regenerate cells and provide energy.
4. This fabulous fruit reduces the risk of other diseases, such as cancer, stroke, hypertension and even muscle problems. This fruit is also recommended for skin and heart diseases.
5. One serving of this amazing fruit contains 2 grams of dietary fiber. Fiber-rich foods reduce the risk of constipation.
6. Fruits Coals also protect against the formation of kidney stones.
7. Being rich in vitamin B, this fruit also contributes to good oral health.
8. Since this fruit is low in calories, it also helps prevent obesity. This exotic fruit acts as an antioxidant and helps the body break down free radicals.
You can make good use of this fruit in the form of juice, salads, and breakfast. It can also be given to children. Its taste resembles orange or mandarin, which has several benefits from vitamin A and C. It helps in the fight against inflammation, providing antioxidants for the body.
Let's see why a hookah on a fruit is objectively better than usual:
- As we have already said, juice moistens the tobacco mixture, so that we can freely put more tobacco than in chilli, without fear that it will start to burn.
- Fresh juice enhances the smell and makes the taste richer.
- The fruit does not heat up as much as porcelain bowls, so you can not be afraid of the taste of burning and enjoy a smoky ceremony for a long time.
But there is no tasty smoke without fire. Now let's move on to the disadvantages:
- You will need a lot of effort and time. It is necessary to constantly monitor the coals on the surface of the fruit in order to evenly distribute the heat.
- Get ready to spend a lot of money on coal and tobacco stuff: this will need much more than with the traditional method.
So, you will find a game of taste and a two-hour smoky hookah instead of the usual hour and a half. Most often, an apple, grapefruit, orange and pineapple are used as a bowl. Smoking an apple hookah would be a great choice if you score for two. Grapefruit is suitable for a company of three people. If you are going to a real party, then the pineapple will be an ideal option: it looks insanely beautiful, spectacular, smokes for a very long time and, of course, brings flavoring notes that every hookah gourmet will appreciate.
This fruit is similar in size to plum, but the taste is more like grapes. A native of Brazil, a rather unique delicacy due to the fact that it grows directly on the bark of a tree. Fruits can be picked and eaten raw, processed for jam or wine.
Is it cauliflower or broccoli? Some describe the taste of this strange vegetable as a combination of the flavors of these two vegetables with a nutty flavor. But do not be fooled by its appearance, Romanesco cauliflower can be cooked very easily, just like broccoli or regular cauliflower.
It will be difficult not to notice the iris of this fruit if it appears in your supermarket. Pitaya is not only a juicy fruit, but an excellent source of vitamin C and fiber. The taste can be compared with a pear, with black seeds, like a kiwi.
This potato came from Japan and has a sweetish taste. The best thing about him is the element of surprise. Purple potatoes are a good source of vitamins A and C, you can replace them with regular potatoes in classic dishes to surprise guests at the next Sunday dinner.
Durian is one of those products that both love and hate. Everything in this fruit, from the skin to the seeds, is saturated with a "dirty" smell. However, those who dare to try it will have a creamy surprise with an aftertaste of vanilla, banana and onion.
If you were interested in what kind of strange asparagus-cactus plant it is in your salad, then you probably know what saltros is. As the name indicates, it has a salty flavor and can be consumed raw or steamed.
Fruit bowls as an alternative to clay
On the one hand, the use of fruits instead of clay bowls is a one-time process. But on the other hand, it is precisely its specificity that provides the unique rich aroma that hookah fans from all over the world have loved so much. And the addition of fruit juice to the flasks makes smoking even more pleasant and unforgettable. In this article, we will reveal to you the basic nuances of cooking hookah on fruits.
Pros and cons of fruit hookahs
To begin with, we objectively weigh both sides of the coin: the advantages and disadvantages of fruit hookahs. So, their key advantages include:
- Saturated natural aroma and taste that cannot be obtained in any chemical way.
- The possibility of long-term smoking of hookah due to the fact that fruit juice prevents the rapid drying of tobacco.
- The ability to smoke fruit hookah is an order of magnitude longer than usual, since tobacco smolders on a warm fruit very slowly. In addition, a fruit bowl can hold more tobacco than classic earthenware.
- The aesthetic appeal of such a hookah and the ability to make beautiful stylish photos with friends.
However, beautiful fruit hookahs have some disadvantages:
- Since the fruit consumes a large amount of heat, it is necessary to maintain a high temperature throughout the entire time of smoking.
- Making a fruit bowl requires certain skills and time,
- The consumption of tobacco and coal when using fruit hookah is also increased,
- As already noted, a fruit bowl for a hookah is a disposable thing, despite its rather lengthy preparation.
The main types of fruit hookahs
If you wish, you can cook a hookah on almost any fruit - if only it was dense enough and easily processed to give a bowl shape. However, there are some of the most popular fruits that are best suited for such purposes. We will talk about them further.
This fruit has a pleasant sour-tart taste and goes well with fruit and berry flavoring mixtures of tobacco (this is cherry, strawberry, wild berries, orange, apple). Tobacco mixes with mint, menthol and other fresh flavors are also very popular - in combination with the sophistication of the astringency of grapefruit, they create an original effect.
The inside of the grapefruit bowl is strengthened with a mesh or toothpicks, then the tobacco is poured and covered with several layers of foil covered with small holes.
The peculiarity of this bowl is also that the moist and juicy grapefruit gives the taste a special brightness, and the jam turns out to be strong and rich.
Such a hookah smokes for about an hour and a half.
This is one of the most popular options for large companies, since the size of the pineapple allows you to put a lot of tobacco in it. It is also most harmoniously combined with berry and fruit flavors, and in itself has a pleasant bitter-sweet aroma.
The main highlight of this fruit bowl is the size of the pineapple that allows you to make a slaughter of two tobaccos at once: this allows you to create completely unique tastes.
To make a hookah bowl from such a fruit, it is advisable to choose a slightly immature, and therefore more dense fruit. Inside the bowl, you will also need to make a grate of toothpicks before falling asleep.
Pineapple hookah can be smoked for two hours, the main thing is to change the coals on time.
Hookah on an orange
Orange has a pronounced sour-sweet aroma and goes well with both fruit and berry, as well as citrus flavors of tobacco. But, in general, the orange is versatile and goes well with all tastes - so it’s ideal for mixing experiments.
It is clear that the cup from it is slightly smaller than, for example, from grapefruit or pineapple, so for long gatherings of a large company this option is not suitable, it is rather for gourmets and lovers to relish.
By the way, the taste of orange hookah is similar to grapefruit, however, it does not have a characteristic bitterness, and, in general, is sweeter.
The only minus of the orange bowl is that such a hookah smokes only 40-45 minutes.
Pomegranate gives a rich sweet and sour aroma to which berry, chocolate, coconut flavors of tobacco are the best suited.
Turning this fruit into a hookah bowl is a painstaking task, but still feasible. To do this, grenades need to be cut in half, and then cleaned from grains so that the wall thickness is about 2.5 cm.Then, as with any fruit bowl, you will need to make a hole, a grate of toothpicks, put tobacco and foil.
Another feature of pomegranate hookah is its excellent smoke. This property has found a bowl of pomegranate, thanks to moisture-saturated bones: this fruit perfectly distributes heat and practically does not burn.
Pomegranate hookah can be smoked on average for about 1 hour.
Hookah on an apple
Despite the fact that the apple is a fruit quite familiar for our latitudes, the hookah on it turns out to be one of the most exquisite. Usually, hard varieties are taken to make a fruit bowl.
Green apples give a pleasant sweet and sour aroma: they perfectly combine the berry flavors of tobacco, as well as melon and mint.
Red apples, on the contrary, give tobacco a sweet and delicate aroma, and here you can use candy flavors to enhance the effect, and fresh or sour ones to achieve harmony.
Since the apple has a rather thin peel, the use of a hard variety is fundamentally important: otherwise the fruit simply “crumbles”. If you choose the right apple, you can smoke such a hookah for about 40 minutes.
Hookah on a melon
Melon has a very sweet, soft and delicate aroma, which perfectly combines almost all fruit tobaccos (you can also add the taste of mint or coconut). The characteristic sweetness of this fruit bowl is given by the juice evaporated during smoking.
Wet and juicy melon practically does not overheat, smokes softly and easily.
A special chic is melon hookah in milk: the fruit and the filler in this combination fully reveal their taste.
Due to its size, it, again, is perfect for relaxing with a wide circle of friends. For a hookah, it is best to choose either a freshly ripened or slightly unripe fruit. If you change coal in time, the smoking process of a melon hookah can drag on for 1.5 hours.
Tips & Tricks
So, the answers to questions about how to make a hookah on fruits are quite the same for most fruits. Having prepared various fruit hookahs at least several times, you can already do this with almost any fruit. And the reward for your work will be one of the most delicious, fragrant and relaxing hookahs possible!