More recently, we wrote about an excellent alternative to the popular Titanium Backup, which can create and restore backup copies of applications installed on your device. Today we want to introduce you to another program from this category called Super Backup: SMS & Contacts. Unlike competitors, it works not only with applications, but can also save a copy of your contacts, SMS messages and phone calls.
With Super Backup, you can quickly back up your applications, contacts, SMS, call logs, bookmarks, calendars. Data can be saved to an SD card or sent to your Gmail inbox. Users can back up multiple applications to a single APK file, while newly installed applications will be added automatically. The application allows you to restore the state of the phone from the backups made, view them, send by e-mail, delete unnecessary backups, as well as set up scheduled backups.
For operations with applications you will need Root. Other types of backup are available for non-root devices.
The application has rich settings with which you can configure what, when and where you need to save. Please note that by default, backups are saved to the internal storage, so if you restore the phone to the factory settings, change the save path to the external card.
The Super Backup: SMS & Contacts application is available on the Google Play store and is distributed in two versions: free with advertising or paid.
In the modern world, information is usually much more valuable than the medium on which it is located. If the carrier (smartphone or memory card in it) is broken, then with this annoying fact you can reconcile and buy a new one, but the irreparable loss of important data can bring big problems. Imagine that you have lost all the important business contacts you have built up over a long time and on which your core business depends. Their loss can not be compared with the loss of a smartphone.
In addition, backup will help you quickly transfer information to a new smartphone or tablet. Using standard Android tools or backup utilities from third-party developers, the user will not need to reinstall and configure the necessary applications on the new device, transfer contacts, photos, calendar schedules, etc.
Where is the backup stored?
- A backup of Android can be stored in the cloud service on Google servers or on the servers of the developers of the application used to create the backup.
- Backup applications offer to save a backup on a microSD card or internal device memory. However, this is not the best option, as If the memory card is broken or the smartphone is lost, the backup copy will also be lost.
In the latter case, it is better to transfer / copy the backup file to the hard disk of the computer or an external drive connected to the PC.
Why backup Android?
Do not neglect the creation of a backup copy of data from a mobile device, as it can be used to restore information if something suddenly happens with a smartphone. And the following can happen, regardless of the version of Android:
- the phone may be lost along with important information,
- it may fail, it’s unlikely that they will save information in the service center, therefore, most likely, you will need to say goodbye to it,
- the virus can block a mobile device or delete an important system file, fix the reset to factory settings, but after that the phone will be completely clean,
- when flashing the smartphone, the old operating system is deleted and a new one is installed, of course, the old system disappears along with all the data,
- when buying a new device, it is important to keep all the information from the old, which can help backup Android.
There are plenty of opportunities to lose all information from the phone, so it will be very useful to back up from time to time. Moreover, this is not difficult to do.
Computer to help
The most common method for saving Android data is Windows, or rather, creating a recovery point on a computer. All that is needed is to download an additional utility and prepare the phone a bit. Go to "Settings Features for developers." Check the box "USB debugging".
If the Android versions of firmware are 4.2 and higher, go to the "System About Phone" section and click 7-10 times on the build number. Then we return to the "Features for Developers" and set the debugging. Next, download and install the program, after which we connect the gadget to the computer.
During the installation of this utility, the antivirus program may raise an alarm, so protection should be temporarily disabled. This does not harm the computer, just an antivirus that identifies Mobogenie as a spyware program. We also install Mobogenie on Android from the Play Market. We connect the gadget to the PC and run Mobogenie on it. Press "Functions" and select "Connect to PC"
Now run the utility on the computer. In the top menu, go to the "Phone" section, where in the list we find "Backup". Choose the path where the data will be saved Android - Windows.
If you need to return everything as it was, in the same section we click "Recovery", after which the information will return to the smartphone.
The utility has a simple and intuitive interface, which is easy to understand. As well as impressive functionality. In addition to the function "Back up Android", you can separately work with contacts, organizer, messages, files and other contents.
Download and install. We connect the gadget to the PC via USB (USB debugging is enabled). Run the program. Click on the top panel "File Connect Android Phone". Method select "USB cable". When it connects, click on the "Miscellaneous Create backup" section.
Next, select the path where the data will be saved. Then a window will open in which you will need to mark the files and applications. We select the necessary ones or just put a tick in the section name. Click "Create." Android data backup done.
Recovering files is as easy as saving. To do this, in the "Miscellaneous" section, select "Restore data from backup."
To a memory card
Android backup can be done without the help of a computer, saving important data to a USB flash drive. To do this, you must resort to the help of special applications that are located in the Play Market. But besides this, you will need to get root rights. This can be done both through a computer and using special applications. The easiest way to ask for help is the Chinese VRoot utility.
Do not be afraid that everything is in Chinese there, all the buttons you need for rutting in English, in addition, the program is intuitive. If all else fails, do not despair, as there are quite a few such utilities, such as Unlock Root or Framaroot. Once you have super administrator privileges, you can begin to back up.
A very common program that can backup Android data. Install this application on a mobile device, launch it. In the "Backup and Restore" section, click on "Save current ROM". The program will save data on a USB flash drive to the specified folder.
Recovering information is also not difficult. Click "Backup" and select a restore point.
Titanium Backup PRO
Install the application, run. Go to the "Backups" section. Here you can see the already created Android recovery points, an overview of applications and operating system components. Click on the button with the image of the sheet with a checkmark in the upper right. In the list, select what you want to save: user software, system data, or all together. Since we need to save everything, click "Make a backup copy of all user software and system data." And you can find out where all the information is stored in the application settings.
To make a recovery, you need to go a little lower to the "Recovery" section and select the item of interest.
Specialized utilities for smartphones
These include those that are only available for phones of the same brand or even a series. For example, Samsung Kies, Sony PC Companion and others. They not only contain drivers for the desired device, but also have the ability to make a backup transfer of data from the gadget to the PC and restore the device.
For Samsung Kies, do the following:
- We launch the utility and connect the gadget to the PC.
- When the model is determined, go to the "Backup Restore" section.
- We mark the necessary items (or just click "Mark all") and click "Backup".
Data recovery is exactly the same.
For Sony PC Companion:
- Run the utility, connect.
- Click Start in the Xperia Transfer section.
- We mark the point “Xperia Backup on my computer” and click on “Start”.
Each manufacturer has its own similar program, so the operation algorithm may vary.
Backing up Android contacts can be done in any of the above ways. But if you need to save only the phone book, use a simpler operation.
We go into the phone book, click "Options" (often on the right side of the button and 4 horizontal stripes). Click "Export", or "Backup". Select "Memory Card". The path where contacts will be saved is indicated when saving. Most likely, this will be the System folder on the memory card.
Further, with these contacts you can do anything:
- reset to a computer and upload to the cloud,
- send to another phone via email,
- transmit via bluetooth
- upload to your Google account in the "Contacts" section.
In addition, contacts can be saved on the SIM card. The conservation algorithm is the same, only export will be made to SIM card. You can import them only by inserting a SIM card into another device. Unlike micro-SD, on SIM there are only 200 cells for phone numbers.
To do this, you must have an account in the Google system. Most likely, it is, since without it it is impossible to enter the Play Market. If not, you need to go to google.com and register.
Go to "Settings Accounts and sync", where you need to synchronize your Google account on Android. We tick off everything that needs to be synchronized. Go back one step and go to the "Backup and Restore" section. We mark the item "Data Archiving" and "Auto Restore". Click "Backup Account", "Add."
Contrary to expectations, this method is able to save only Wi-Fi passwords, data from applications and system settings in the Google cloud.
Why save information from an SD card
You need to save not only Android files. In addition to internal information from the phone, it will be useful from time to time to save the contents of the memory card. This is done as simple as possible: you need to connect it to the computer and just reset it. You can use several methods:
- Connect the phone with the inserted SD card to the computer via USB.
- Remove the USB flash drive from the gadget and connect it to the PC using a card reader. This will be especially simple on a laptop, as this connector is provided in it. It is important to correctly disconnect the card in the gadget, as improper removal can lead to damage to the memory card (this happens infrequently, but there have been cases). Go to Android: "Settings Memory Disconnect SD card."
- Over wifi. To do this, you need the FTP Server application, which turns the device into an FTP server. We launch the application, click on the red button in the middle of the screen. It will turn green, and just below the IP address will appear, which must be entered in the address bar in "My Computer".
Why save files from a memory card? Because losing them is also very easy. Loss of phone, virus, improper extraction - no one is safe from this. In addition, in the Android function, the setting under the "Disconnect SD card" button has another one - "Clear SD card", which can be mistakenly pressed and lost all music, photos, videos and so on.
As you probably know, Google is always ready to help protect all your applications and data, and you can take advantage of this by following a few simple steps:
- Go to settings.
- Open the "Reset and backup».
- Next, find the option to back up the data of the desired type (including Wi-Fi passwords, settings, application data).
Remember that all this will be associated with your Google account, and you can choose the option to automatically recover data when you reinstall the application.
How to backup everything with software tools: MobiKin Assistant
You never know when you can accidentally delete something of value. Therefore, backing up your data is absolutely necessary, and we are sure that many of you have gone this difficult way. This applies not only to the case when you lost your phone - installing updates sometimes can also lead to the loss of your data.
An easy way to back up your data is to use the MobiKin Assistant for Android application, which exports everything, including contacts, text messages, applications, photos, music, videos, and much more in their original format and quality.
If you just want to get the desired result, this application will achieve it without any problems. All you have to do is download MobiKin Assistant from trusted sources.
After downloading and installing the above software on your device, just follow the instructions, and soon your data will be securely stored, and, plus, a certain amount of internal memory of your device will be freed.
Are you an iPhone user? MobiKin also has an assistant for iOS devices. If you need to backup your iPhone or iPad, try MobiKin Assistant for iOS.
Manual backup using PC
If you don’t want to trust third-party software, there is always a do-it-yourself method.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Open the Windows Explorer window and go to your device.
- Here you will see a number of folders, including photos, videos, music and documents.
- Go to each folder and copy / paste the material you want to save to your computer for safe storage.
This is a pretty convenient thing, even if you have other backup solutions, because there is no such thing as too many backups. If you want to access your backups in the future, you will need to contact your PC for help.
Backup application (for phones with root privileges)
If your phone already has root privileges, then there is no better backup solution than Titanium Backup. This application allows you to backup absolutely everything on your phone. A full backup can be restored at any time, and you can set up a scheduled backup so that you have a regular “snapshot” of the contents of your Android phone.
You can back up without even closing the applications that you are currently using. They can be saved as quick zip files. Titanium also allows you to transfer files between the SD card and the phone as easily as possible.
How to backup everything on Android using Titanium Backup
- Download the Titanium Backup app to your Android device with root,
- run the application and grant it superuser privileges,
- you will then be asked to read the disclaimer, etc.
An important point: the option "USB debugging" must be enabled on your phone.
In Titanium you will see three tabs. The first is the tab "Overview" with information about your device, the second - "Backup / restore"Where all the fun things happen, and the third one is for planning regular backups:
- go to the tab "Backup & Restore»,
- after that, you will see a list of the contents of your phone along with icons that indicate whether copies were made,
- triangular warning icons mean you don’t have a backup; emoticon icons speak for themselves.
- If you want to back up system data or applications, tap a small document with a mark at the top. This will lead you to a list of batch actions,
- then click on the icon "Run" next to the action you want to take
- if you want to back up your applications, click on the icon "Run" next to the inscription "Back up all user applications»,
- Are you planning to back up your system data? Then click on the icon "Run" Near "Back up all system data».
Когда вы выполните все указанные выше шаги, Titanium запустит процесс создания резервной копии. Это может занять некоторое время.
По завершении резервная копия будет помечена с указанием даты, когда она была выполнена и сохранена. Вы также можете создать файл update.zip для прошивки через Recovery, если хотите, или вы можете восстановить через само приложение Titanium.
- To restore данные из резервной копии с помощью Titanium, снова перейдите на экран раздела пакетных действий и выполните прокрутку вниз.
- После этого в настройках «Восстановление» вы увидите параметры для действий, которые вы выполнили ранее: в данном случае это "Recoveryall data applications"And "Restore all system data."
Now you should click on the “Run” icon next to the actions you want to use. After that, you will have the opportunity to restore all backups or only some of their sections. Make your choice and tap the green checkmark in the upper right corner.
How to transfer Android backups
As you can see, depending on the methods and type of backup, file transfer to Android can be performed in different ways. Typically, if you used Titanium Backup or Helium, you should just reinstall the application and copy the backup folder to your smartphone if it is no longer there.
Always transfer backups to your computer or other device outside of your smartphone. This way you can bring your files back later, without any unpleasant surprises.